Property & Construction
As specialist property tax experts and property accountants, we are able to provide guidance and support to property developers, businesses, landlords and letting agents.
Our services and advice
The accounting and tax implications relating to property matters can be complex. Without expert advice and careful planning, financial returns may well fall short of expectations and transactions may result in some unwanted tax charges.
Based on our extensive experience, we are able to provide advice on the acquisition, sale and development of property, whether it forms part of an investment portfolio, is used within your business, or is a residential buy to let property.
Our specialist property advice and services include:
- VAT planning and advice, including the option to tax and registration
- Capital Gains implications and planning
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Ownership of property – principally business, private or pension
- Treatment of tax in relation to buy to let
- Capital Allowance reliefs, reviews and claims
- Estate planning and Inheritance Tax planning
- Overseas ownership of UK property
- Houses of multiple occupation
- Student accommodation
- Non resident landlords and inbound investments
With years of experience in this sector, we pride ourselves on having an understanding of the specific problems faced by builders, building and civil engineering contractors, and civil engineering consultants, and in being able to recommend effective solutions.
We work with you to help you optimise your performance by providing advice on all areas of your business including:
- VAT planning and advice
- Cashflow planning
- Payroll services
- Residential Lettings, Buy to Let and specialist tax advice for landlords and lettings agencies
Whether you are an existing experienced landlord or are looking to enter the buy to let market with your first acquisition, you will be in safe hands.
As specialist property tax advisers our advice for landlords includes:
- Stamp Duty land tax and reliefs available
- The most appropriate ownership structure e.g. personal, LLP, partnership or company
- Advice on tax efficient joint ownership
- Minimising Capital Gains Tax on a sale of property
- The tax treatment for inheritance tax purposes, especially for those with property portfolios
- The tax treatment of rental property owned by Non Resident Landlords
- Dealing with HMRC investigations